Friday, June 18, 2021

Dear Subscriber

Howdy!  I’m writing to inform you of some upcoming technical issues here.  This blog allows readers to become subscribers, so you’ll automatically receive notice of future posts/comments (see the upper right corner of this page).  At the end of June, the “Follow by Email” function (provided by Feedburner) will join the dinosaurs. 

If you are currently subscribed via Netvibes, My Yahoo, or Atom, nothing should change.

I’ve downloaded the 1,380 email addresses of my Feedburner subscribers, and I’m trying to transfer them to a different service (a HUGE pain in the ass!).  If it works, great!  A new “Subscribe To” icon will appear, and the “Follow by Email” option will go to the compost pile. 

I have no idea how well Feedburner has actually served subscribers.  I have subscribed using two of my email addresses, and I have received nothing from them in the last few years.  Maybe nobody has.

I apologize for any inconvenience, and I thank you for your interest in my work.  This blog is approaching 600,000 page views.  

No comments: